Exeter Homestay UK Limited incorporated in England & Wales (registered company no: 11119201) and is a “controller” under the General Data Protection Regulation.
This notice is to help you understand how and why we collect personal data about you and what we do with that information. It also explains the decisions you can make about your own information. If we no longer use you for a service, we will delete all information we hold instantly in a secure manner. If you have any questions about this notice, please contact the EHUK Compliance Officer
What is personal Data?
Personal data is information that identifies you as an individual and relates to you. This includes your contact details, date of birth, postcode, preferences and interests. Sensitive personal data is information that relates to your physical or mental health, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, sexual orientation and the commission or alleged commission of any offence by you. Unless it is necessary for an application, we will not ask for sensitive information from you.
What do we collect?
At EHUK we collect different types of information about our clients, staff and host families such as:
- Name and date of birth
- Contact information including email address
- Nationality and next of kin
- Qualifications and work experience
- Financial Details for payment processing
- Family lifestyle and social circumstances
- Criminal Convictions DBS disclosure
- References for recruitment Special Categories. We may also collect sensitive information that is refereed to as being in a “special category”
- Race of Ethnic origin
- Criminal convictions
- Sexual Orientation
How do we collect this?
We will only collect information from you that is relevant to the service/contract we require you to do for us. We may collect the following information from you which is defined as “personal data” EHUK Ltd stores all data in secure electronic files within the EEA (European Economic Area). Why do we collect personal data? We collect and process your personal data for the following reasons:
- to manage your job application and issue a contract of employment or sub-contractoragreement
- to manage homestay provider/host families/ agents/ schools & college’s we work with
- to complete students’ registration process for school/college/accommodation/work
- to process payments and comply with statutory accounting and taxation obligations
- to comply with safeguarding regulations
- to improve our services and marketing material
- to send promotional emails about new information about our company or other information which we think you may find interesting
- for market research purposes we may contact you by email, phone or mail and use information you give us on your interests to customise the website or offer you students.
- We retain your personal data throughout the application and recruitment process and for the duration of your contract for homestay with EHUK Ltd.
What do we do with your personal data and whom we will share it with?
- Maintaining accounts and records and payments
- Provision of education and training to clients, staff and clients
- For the service we are using or contracting you for
Under the Code of Conduct, there are very strict rules who we can share your information with and this will normally be limited to other people who will assist with you matter:
- Social and Welfare Organisations
- Healthcare Professions
- Agents/Schools and Colleges
- Parents of children whom we offer a service
- Government Professions
Can you control what we do with your data?
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to
Exeter Homestay UK Ltd., 22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our ICO Registration Numberis: ZA388705
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you were an existing client as at 1 May 2018 and have been receiving information you will continue to receive necessary documentation from us.
If you become a client after 1 May 2018, we will contact you, but only if you have consented to this with us.
The Exeter Homestay UK Ltd. website and other services on
If you continue without changing your settings, we will accept your consent to receive these cookies.
However, if you wish to, you can change your browser settings to block or remove cookies at any time. Go to www.ico.org.uk for information on how to do this.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Forms related cookies When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
- Online Chat Platform Drift cookies. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you use the online chat service.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: info@ exeterhomestayuk.com